Connect

Monkey Doodlez Wipe cubes REVIEW

Today, I get to bring to you a product from Monkey Doodlez, a GREAT Canadian company featuring many items that ROCK, including swim diapers, AIO cloth diapers, the Tuck and Go System, accessories, and....

WIPE CUBES!!!

They also have so much more to offer on their site, so check out Monkey Doodlez and see for yourself! There are resources for diapering and just plain cool products galore.

I have been wanting to try wipe cubes for a few months now. Finally, the time has come!


I must be honest. I have been using disposable wipes at least 80% of the time this first year of my cloth diapering journey. I can't even tell you why. Laziness? Convenience? I did try making my own disposable wipes to save money, but I found that it didn't really save much and they didn't work that well. I ended up using 1/2 a roll of Paper Towel for each poo! [I felt less green than when I was using the disposables from the store!] So I kept buying brand name disposable wipes.

Until now!

Monkey Doodlez wipe cubes are so easy to use, and they are SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) free!! So, no icky chemical additives like other body products contain--major points with me for that fact! All you do is simply dissolve a cube in 2 cups of warm water. That's it! You have a great reusable wipes spray! Use for one week, and then discard anything left over and make a new batch. Simple. (You can also use a wipes warmer to make the solution, but we prefer a spray in this household.)

I folded up wipes and kept them DRY in a basket at home or in an old disposable wipes container for on the go. You can use the solution by pouring it over wipes, so they are wet 'n' ready, I just like the dry method better. I used to take a terry washcloth into the washroom and wet it, which was fine when my babe was an infant, but now, trying to change a toddler is tough enough--if I left to wet a cloth while changing him now, he'd make a break for it! Having a spray bottle right at my changing station eliminates that complication!

The solution is gentle, and didn't really have much of a fragrance--just kind of a clean smell. My boys' bottom is as fair as his momma's, so being gentle is super important in this household. Wipe cubes solution made it easier to clean up the pasty poo messes--more so than the plain water I had been trying! It also made me feel like my Little Bug had a cleaner bottom and front after each changing (whether he poo'd or not). The solution worked best for me with a very soft cotton flannel wipe. The solution is water-based (obviously) but the lack of oil (well, except for the small amount of essential oils) in the solution didn't stop me from getting a nice smooth 'sweep' of the wipe.

Here are the ingredients:
Ingredients: 100% Vegetable Base Glycerine (Aqua, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate and Sodium Oleate, Sorbitol, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Myristate, Pentasodium Penteate, Tetrasodium Etidronate), 100% Pure Aloe Vera Gel, Steam Distilled Lavender Essential Oil, Tea Tree Oil. CONTAINS NO SURFACTANTS OR PROPYLENE GLYLCOL, SODIUM LAURYL SULPHATE OR SODIUM LAURETH SULPHATE.

This [below] is my diaper change basket. I use a spray bottle with 1/2 the solution in it, just so that I don't have a giant bottle to lug around. I refill as needed from the 2 cup solution I make with each cube. The wipes were provided by Peeptree and Tender Bottoms, 2 other really fantastic companies! Peeptree is up for review with a giveaway tonight, under my "Giveaways/Reviews" tab, and TenderBottoms will be coming soon--a review and giveaway also!!


We've been using them for about two weeks and I'm not only getting used to cloth wipes, I'm starting to LIKE using them! I have been trying several different sizes and textures of cloth wipe along with my Monkey Doodlez wipe cubes and I've found a few that I really LOVE! So, I may not have completely converted to 100% cloth, but wipe cubes have definitely made us a little more green, one cube at a time! Click here to find a retailer of Monkey Doodlez near YOU!

For all of you out there who are super curious now, and would like to try Wipe Cubes OR any of the other products that Monkey Doodlez offers, Cheryl Yakem, founder and CEO of Monkey Doodlez, has kindly provided me with a special DISCOUNT CODE for you lucky readers to use for 15% off on your next purchase of Wipe Cubes from Monkey Doodlez in the next 10 days! The code is mommyhood15!! :) I know you will enjoy them as much as I did!

**All opinions are 100% mine and I was not paid or compensated in any way to write them. I was however, provided with a complimentary product for reviewing purposes. Please see my PR Friendly tab for more information or to have me review a product for you.**

2 comments:

  1. looks like an awesome product. Thanks.
    blue racer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This product is such a good idea, I'll have to try them out.

    ReplyDelete