A Shot in the Dark, Cries In the Night

We co-sleep. Little Bug starts in the crib but makes his way back into bed with me (hubby sleeps in our 'old' bedroom, because it's too crowded for Bug with 3 in a Full bed & it's too noisy for his work schedule). See CRIB for more on that. The last 3 nights he has been waking up around 1am, IN BED WITH ME MIND YOU!! and he just screams. Like the 'I'm mad temper-tantrum type screams' not pain, hunger or any other emotion I can correlate from past experience. I have no idea if this is night terrors? He rolls around and does the mad cry. Nursing is the only thing that gets him back to sleep. He's not hungry though, he does this even just 10 minutes after falling asleep following a nursing session. I'm baffled. No temp. Ears are perfect. No rash. Yes, teething a bit. Maybe a reaction to too much use of his Baltic Amber necklace?? Maybe a reaction to mom using Fenugreek? A bad dream? An assertion of independence? I have NO IDEA! He rolled around so much and flailed and screamed that he managed to poke me in the eye with his little finger, so now my eye is completely bloodshot and both of us are getting no sleep. Ahh! Any suggestions from mom's that have been through this or anyone who says 'aha' when they read this are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I'm sorry you are going through this. My daughter has been doing the same thing recently. I'm not a doctor, but from my experience with night terrors (granted, this is from when I was a teacher for toddlers) , if he is awake when it is happening, it's probably not night terrors. I know from what the doctors said, if it's night terrors, not to wake them from it though. Poor baby! It's so hard when nothing you do makes them feel better. Maggie wouldn't even calm down if I offered to nurse her, she just flails around for almost an hour and then flops on me and goes back to sleep. Hope this phase passes fast for you guys!

    ReplyDelete