Connect

MMM #9 - Manic Mommy Memoir



Manic Mommy Monday!



Hi all! Last week I missed MMM entirely, I was at my grandma's funeral, so I deemed it a worthy excuse to be gone from cyberland. It got pretty busy, helping out my dad and the family and visiting with grandpa (who had a heart attack 2 days before grandma passed) after he was all alone. I think everyone is doing okay though, moving through the stages of grief. My dad's brother who is my FAVORITE uncle, got diagnosed with a really aggressive squamous cell mouth cancer, so now we're sending out good vibes, thoughts, prayers, anything helpful for him to get through this. I really just don't want to see my dad put through much more! :(

On a happier note, you may have read that I put in my Two Weeks Notice for Adult Water Aerobics. I was so stressed thinking that the boss lady was going to want to wring my neck after taking the position for just over 2 months. She was VERY nice!  I guess since I have had a really TERRIBLE manipulative boss in the past, I always expect the worst now! She actually told me "if you can stay home, STAY HOME!" I feel a bit like that sitcom called "Two Broke Girls," when at the end of every episode, it shows their current cash total, which is always around like $400. I think I made just under that in 2 months. I may have spent just under that in gasoline. That was the final straw in determining that I would resign my position--I was clearing about $30 after gas. So, I still teach Waterbabies and Toddler Swimming Lessons, but I'm done in 5 sessions, including the one in an hour that we have to go to!! Wahoo!

I also am FINALLY getting my car fixed today. I own it free & clear as of about a month ago, after 4 years of payments. So, naturally, shit has to start breaking! Ugh! And, par for the course, I have an exceptionally cumbersome fix to deal with. My car, out of all of the states that is could have originated from, came from California. Which means, instead of ONE catalytic converter, I have FOUR!!! And when the catalytic converter goes out (one of them) on a Subaru, apparently it makes your 'check engine' light stay on, which trips the emissions signal and makes the cruise control not work. Not having working cruise control leads to *your first actual speeding ticket ever.* The cop didn't even drop it down so that it wouldn't go on my insurance. :( But, I AM getting my car fixed today, thanks to a great tax return. So, Bug and I are strollering to swimming from the car place, then strollering a mile or two to where hubby works to get the van so we can go to our 2nd to last Mommy & Me class for the school year. :)

Bug has decided to completely go crazy at night, waking up at 3 am & yelling "dada." Since "dada" works wicked early during planting season, Bug gets "mama." And then cries for an hour. Nurses until I'm bone dry... This was night 3 of the crazies, getting progressively worse!

I did go back to work for ONE day as a fire dispatcher. It was great to see all my old cronies and get updated on who has retired, who the new boss is, who got married, etc. It was wonderful and lucrative. I made the same amount in 7.5 hrs as I would have in almost a month of swimming hell. :)

So, there you have it. Gone for one Monday, 2 weeks of Mania summed up. My Manic Mommy Monday Memoir!

Happy Monday to all, and to all a good Monday night!





2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother passing.. That happened with me last year.. and I loved her dearly.. Also.. I can understand about the car situation too. We have a 2000 Ford Taurus that finally gave up on us.. But we also thank the Lord for his provision with another vehicle. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your grandma passing, and your Uncle getting sick. Sending good vibes and prayers his way!

    ReplyDelete