The GREAT CLOTH DIAPER CHANGE 2012

After all the anticipation, the moment had finally arrived.....

5...4...3...2...1...

***Catch the toddler. Wrestle to a stop. Keep happy with a song and a toy. CHANGE DIAPER!!!!***


I thought we did okay, considering you only get 'one shot' at photographing this, and it was a self-photo, since I am a tree-planting widow for many days yet...


So, here it is for all of you who tried to guess....

A famous *Earth* diaper made by BUNZUKE!!


Isn't it beautiful? I couldn't be happier with it! The colors are so incredibly vibrant! The minky fabric is ridiculously soft, and the PUL is nice & thick. It even matches my Great Cloth Diaper Change 2012 tee-shirt (which you can win as part of 'My Swag Bag'!! -- a new one of course, not the one I'm wearing!)

So even though we could not go to an official site...

All of North America was with us...


And Africa...


And South America...


Some of Europe and Asia...


And everywhere else in the WORLD that didn't fit on the bum!! :) It was nice to feel connected to everyone for this awesome event!


So we did it. I need a sticker and instead of "I voted" it would say "I changed" and maybe one for Little Bug that says "I peed!" (In our case, "I pooped!") We did not get included in the world record, though I hope it was broken! But, we were part of something epic. Something to better the world. If even a handful of new parents cloth diaper because of all the buzz this event created, then that is a SUPER win! Think too, of all of the diapers that must have been collected at various sites for donation to worthy charities & diaper associations for distribution!?


Photobucket


To help advocate for cloth, the environment, and families further, you can sign this petition to get cloth into the WIC (Women, Infants, & Children) program. I signed, did you?

Go here to sign or to learn about the effort!

In a few weeks, I will be taking on another Cloth Diapering Advocacy program--the 2nd Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge! I've never used flats before and I am SO excited to be a part of this awesome outreach too! Here is a bit about the Challenge:

When: May 21-27, 2012
Where: Everywhere! The challenge is to use flats and handwash for one week! We are proving that you can cloth diaper for REALLY cheap! This was put together by Dirty Diaper Laundry, last year. Here is a blurb right from the site for you to read:

"The Flats and Handwashing Challenge 2011 was an idea that came about after numerous articles referenced the practice of reusing disposable diapers. Families with no money for new diapers were scraping out the solid contents or using a hair dryer to dry the diapers for reuse. Not only is this unsanitary but it is also extremely dangerous. The media neglected offering the suggestion that families use cloth diapers. Why? Who knows. {read the original article} It was my personal mission to educate others that, although not ideal, hand washing the inexpensive flat cloth diapers was an option to families who had no other way to diaper. No baby should have to suffer when there are ways to diaper for less than $50.00."

THERE ARE NO GOVERNMENT FUNDED PROGRAMS TO HELP BABIES IN NEED OF DIAPERS.

So go ahead! Sign up! Take the challenge! Earth Day is tomorrow! Do something GREEN! Do MANY things that are green!! :) Oh, and enter the giveaway by clicking on the link below! You attended virtually, so, you earned it! Enter quick, ends at midnight! Virtual GCDC Swag Bag Giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. I love that diaper! Yeah for GCDC! I attended today in Connecticut!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That diaper is super cute! I wish I could have attended the GCDC, but there are none in my area :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I attended the great cloth diaper change in my city in Alberta this year. It was the first time we have had the event in my city but I hope it's not the last. My son's picture even made it into our local newspaper.

    ReplyDelete