Losing to Gain? Gaining to Lose?

Manic Mommy Monday!


So, water aerobics. It's been a thorn in my paw since the first week I started instructing. It hasn't gotten better, but I'm doing the best I can. The students just have to motivate themselves more when I have my boy on my hip. And I'm okay with that.

What I'm becoming more and more not okay with is that this 3x a week workout is keeping me limber, sure, but not doing anything to get me fit. It actually makes me tired (not worn out, I think it's more the pool chemicals draining my energy?) Either way, I had to give up my Zumba (which I loved and was a great workout!) and it causes turmoil for the Little Bug's schedule. So, I'm trying to be positive. My 'boss' will be there today because it's the beginning of the month & people pay her, not me...for which I am thankful. But, that means she'll probably ask about how it's going, etc. So, to lie through my teeth, or to say it is slightly sucky?

On a better note, I have been walking like crazy (and just more active in general) now that it's spring. The Little Bug hates my jogging stroller, because he cannot look out as well as the umbrella stroller. But, I am hoping he will learn to love it. I just cannot job comfortably with the umbrella stroller. I am hoping to be in 5K shape by May....I'm pretty sure I'm dreamin', but I want to get back into running.

We do eventually want a sibling for the boy, so I'd like to not start that journey already out of shape. I did that once before. I learned my lesson!

Eating healthier is an issue, but the more realistic way for me to lose weight is exercise. I'm a dessert junkie. And a snacker. And I take too much for a portion. And I eat late at night. The only thing I have going for me is that I am extraordinarily picky, so I don't like a lot of fatty condiments and 'extras' and I do not drink soda. So, diets have never really been my thing. I dieted for my wedding, and when it was over I literally ate almost an entire sheet cake in a few days. Yum.

Bottom line: I like most women, want to lose weight. I'm 26 there is not much stopping me except me. And an MP3 player full of songs from 2005. (I don't know if I can run to "Boondocks" or "Gold Digger" one more time.) And the crying child. And the thunderstorm. And I should really have new running shoes, these hurt my feet. And I pee whenever I move more vigorously than a calm walking stride. See? I am full of excuses! That needs to stop!

Well, we are headed out for swimming. I hope it goes well. It has been really nice to have the encouragement of your comments and I am trying to make it work. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for tuning in this Monday morning! Until next week, HAPPY MONDAY & make sure to check out the rest of my blog!



3 comments:

  1. I hear you!! My husband and I want another baby as well, but I NEED to be more fit!!!! I've been trying to go wogging {walking/jogging} with my daughter, and I also have a workout DVD that I'm hoping to pop in tonight and do. We'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes in your fitness journey. I had my 2nd baby earlier this winter and I'm hoping to get into better shape too. I did lose the baby weight after #1 and I was thankful to start my 2nd pregnancy in decent shape. But I feel more daunted than ever about losing the baby weight this time. Nursing seemed to take most of it off the 1st time, but I'm stubbornly holding onto 15 extra pounds this time. Apparently chasing my toddler is not going to cut it to get me back to my pre-pregnancy weight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you able to get into the 5K that you wanted?

    ReplyDelete