Counting Sheep? Baaaa-d Sleep.

So, something occurred to my husband and I recently.... We NEED a new mattress. I am delighted when I fall asleep in the baby's room--the guest bed is better! A mattress is one thing we have not purchased as a couple. We have gone to mattress stores, laid on the beds, and had a fun time doing it!

So...WHY DO WE STILL SLEEP ON A CRUMBY FLAT SPRING-POKING-ME-IN-THE-BACK SLAB OF RUBBISH!?!

I have no idea. We have decided that this is the summer (or hopefully the month!) that it will happen. We are breaking down and getting something AMAZING to sleep on.

So, what are you sleeping on? Something fabulous? I might go camping to get a good night's sleep!! Time to catch some Zzzz's!! As mama's (and daddies) we get so little sleep sometimes anyway, shouldn't it be GOOD sleep?!


3 comments:

  1. Your post made me laugh out loud, Amanda! My husband and I suffered on a spring mattress for our first 8 years because it was given to us brand new at the wedding. Seemed great at the time.

    Finally....we put aside some money from the tax return and got a decent pillowtop last year. It's very firm but comfy. What a change!!! Now we just need a bigger bed. With co-sleeping, it's hard in a double. But our room is so tiny it won't fit a twin!

    LOL

    Anne Sweden at Zephyr Hill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, that would be a queen. Our room is so tiny it won't fit a QUEEN! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So worth it to invest in a good mattress! I don't have any advice as to which one but I know ours is a pillowtop mattress and it is so comfy. Have fun choosing one:)

    ReplyDelete