#Flatschallenge Day 3 - Favorite Way to Use Flats

I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.   For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!

Well, I am still a fan of just getting it on my toddler however I can before he escapes. I put most of the material in the front (heavy-wetter) and I have yet to make any pretty folds. I sometimes fold another flat in the front for naps and traveling, and I am a huge fan of covers, because my son won't leave the Snappi alone.


I love using flats, but have found the hand washing a pain. Mostly because I have to coordinate more with the weather & time management! I think they will be GREAT for camping.

I haven't had any stink issues.

I hope this doesn't disqualify me, but for Waterbabies today, I left my guy in just a cover---no flats on the inside, but nothing else either, so I'm pretty sure we're good! I had actually forgotten his cloth swim diaper at home, so it was such a STROKE OF LUCK to be doing the flats challenge!! Otherwise it is highly likely we would have only had AIOs or a pocket with us! So, it was obviously part of my mission in life to be part of this challenge. LOL!

My husband, like so many others I've heard about, is humoring me and "playing along," but is not passionate about using flats. I have to give him credit for not putting on an AIO or something though!




So, my favorite way to use flats is however it works!! I think I will be continuing to use flats for EC later on though. We've been introducing the potty since about 6 months old, but flats will be great to assist our awareness!

Going to upload a picture as soon as my PERSISTENT child decides to go to sleep!! Fighting naptime!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Potty at 6 months? I should read up on EC more.

    ReplyDelete