*After much consideration, I've ammended the list to top 10!*10. Boy Meets World/Home Improvement TIE!! Oldies, but goodies! Isn't it CRAZY seeing these on Nick at Nite and TVLand instead of I Love Lucy and The Dick Van Dyke show??? When did I get old?!?
9. The Big Bang Theory
8. Two Broke Girls
7. Yes, Dear
6. King of Queens
5. Friends - Tried and true, the old stand-by for our generation. Comedy + Drama + Great Talent Line-up. Unless you are a Seinfeld fan, you likely love Friends.
4. How I Met Your Mother - I would say this is kind of the modern-day Friends. Great line-up of actors, fun story-lines, and really excellent writing and word play.
3. Gilmore Girls - Even though this is more of an on-going chick-flick, it has awesome humor and really is quite clever. My husband would never admit it, but I catch him tuning in occasionally when I have it on. Really sad this one is no longer on too! I haven't tuned into Bunheads but it's the same writers, so maybe it will hook me!
2. Men In Trees - This show was so quirky. I thought it was going to be a modern-day revival of Northern Exposure (but opposite) and it really was headed that way. However, ABC jockeyed the time slot around so many times I don't think even Grey's Anatomy would have survived! It only lasted 2 seasons I think, and I was so crushed when it didn't come back!
1. Northern Exposure - Hands down the BEST sitcom series that network TV has ever offered. Watch all the seasons and then reflect on the fact that it was the 90's--the show pushed the political correctness boundary for the time like Family Guy and South Park do today. Chris in the morning would be on my radio everyday if I were in Cicely, AK. This is actually the series we "co-watched" while I was in Alaska and away from my guy. It was actually a really fun way to have SOMETHING to still be able to talk about jointly.
There you have it. I highly recommend going and buying Northern Exposure. The full series. It will get worn out. We don't even watch that much TV in this house, but we know what we like!