CANADA DAY EXTRAVAGANZA - Sponsor Spotlight & Review - Buncha Farmers

In 2006, Buncha Farmers started as just that -- a bunch of proudly Canadian farmers with great goods to share with each other and the world! The company has changed and grown over the last few years and is now in every Province and in about 15 of the States! And now, it's in my house and can be in yours if you enter to win at the end of this review! Or, if you simply cannot wait, buy your own at their website! Here is a link to find all of the places where you can buy these super yummy smelling, hard-working products yourself!

Photobucket

I knew I would love the soaps instantly when I received my delightfully delectable
package in the mail and could smell the goodness exuding from within! I didn't know how smitten I would become with the Stain Remover stick though!

I used to be a big fan of a stain remover simply called "Stain Stick" and then it got harder and harder to find in even large retail stores. So I tried Dreft Stain Remover on my newborn clothes--it didn't really work and it smelled terrible! I tried special detergents with ingredients that activated to combat stains and all sorts of gimmicks.

The first time I tried the Stain Remover Stick from Buncha Farmers, my grass stain came out! I mean it came out without much effort on my part at all! Literally the hardest work I put into that stain was GETTING IT! That's my kind of stain remover!! Like I said, love at first application! I didn't have to rub it into the fabric or use a brush, I just wiped the stick over the stain and threw it into my normal wash. Voila. Khaki capris good as new; mom still super cool for getting down and dirty during playtime!

The second time I used the Stain Remover Stick it was on the same cursed pair of Khaki capris--this time chocolate. That came out with ease. The third and worst time I stained a different pair of Khakis it was with blood from smashing a mosquito that had drained a goodly portion of my supply before I tended to it's demise and it left the evidence all over my cuff. I thought I would need some Ruby's Red Wash to get blood out (it's been the only stuff that touches blood stains in my laundry) but I decided to give the Stain Remover Stick a chance--and, it of course took it out. I had to wet and scrub a little on this one, since I really didn't want to do the laundry 2 times, but it came out nonetheless.
Buncha Farmers Stain Remover stick is now in my laundry and my mother's too. I am going to send a stick to my little brother when he leaves for college. This is my new go-to gift for most everyone. I love it that much! Plus, I love the idea behind Buncha Farmers, supporting smaller businesses, and their mission to provide quality products to consumers.

Now the dirty details on the soaps! First, and most important to me anyway--what's in 'em? Well, they are made in Ontario and the ingredients of the Manuka Honey and Lemongrass include: Palm Oil, Coconut oil, Olive oil, lemongrass,coffee grinds, lye and water. That's it! Natural and delicious. Moisture rich and oh-so-clean feeling and smelling. I love this soap. My husband loves this soap. Now for the unscented Manuka Honey and Oatmeal: Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive oil, Oatmeal, lye and water. Even more natural! They do also have Manuka Honey and Lavender as an option, which contains: Palm Oil,Coconut oil, olive oil, Manuka honey, lavender, lye and water.

These soaps don't leave that "sticky" residue behind on your skin. They just make you feel cleaner after a long day of working with your hands and putting in the elbow grease! Any product that can clean my husband and boy after they come in from barefeet on the farm and goodness knows what else, is a good soap! My kiddo and I have fair, somewhat sensitive skin and I'm not afraid to use it on him (or me). It's very gentle but makes your skin feel great. They are named for the honey that is in them (Manuka "healing" honey from New Zealand) but the soaps themselves are made in Canada. The picture is from Buncha Farmersand shows all 3 varieties of soaps they carry. Try them all! You will have a chance to try them if you enter the Canada Day Extravaganza! Several winners will get some Manuka Soap and Stain Remover sticks of their very own to love!! Give a tweet to Buncha Farmers! Say THANK YOU for the giveaway and tell them Adventures of Mommyhood sent ya their way!


11 comments:

  1. My husband works on our cars a lot, and sometimes he gets a lot of dirt and some grease on his shirts and pants. I would try to get those stains out better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would use this on all the little boy stains my son gets on his clothes, grass, mud, blueberries:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes those infant breastfeeding poops really stain the fibers of diapers, I do usually hang dry but sometimes they get dried in the dryer and then the stains really get set in. So, as long as they are cloth diaper safe I would like to try out the Buncha Farmer Stick on those. And otherwise I have a 3 year old boy and a mechanic hubby who are both really hard on their clothes so anything they can throw at me for stains as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time getting rid of grease stains. My husband gets oil stains from cooking, and my daughter gets stains from eating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spaghetti night tomamto sauce stains for sure, no matter how much i try to protect the clothing it finds its way to it and everyone knows if you don't treat the stain right away its super hard to get out. So this sounds like a product I would love to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would try it on the greasy stains my husband always manages to get on his shirts from ranch dressing! He loves the stuff but it's the bane of my laundry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of a natural stain remover! I'll have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so awesome!! it seems like i'm always getting stains that my natural detergent won't get out.. i can wear my white nursing tanks once & they're ruined!! :D i would love some of this for our cloth diaper stains, and all the stains on my son's clothes and on my clothes so we can wear all our cute stuff again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to try to get melted, soaked in chocolate off of some of my uniform jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those stubborn stains on the clothes I put in storage to use for my children as they grow. Clean when they go in...and then stains seem to creep in while they are in storage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Machine oil! DH is around oil all.the.time. it's tough to get out!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Designed By Chocolate Covered Designs/All Rights Reserved Copyright 2012