CANADA DAY EXTRAVAGANZA - Sponsor Spotlight - Applecheeks

Applecheeks is perhaps one of the best-known cloth diapering brands in Canada. Their moto is "we didn't invent cloth diapering, we just perfected it." That's sort of true, at least in many aspects! We tried out a "Little Bundle" which is an envelope and an insert to fold inside of the envelope. The print is "Wild Child" -- featuring many different safari animals and of course, apples!

Here is the outer shell of the Size 2 envelope.
Photobucket

The Little Bundle was so soft--I felt really good about putting it on my guys' bum. The shape of the envelope gives full-figured babies' extra room as it is a little wider than a traditional cloth diaper and makes double-stuffing for extra absorbency no problem. The snaps are really well-made and the PUL is good quality. I don't feel like I am stretching it out or that we are in danger of the PUL delaminating.

I like the elastic of the diaper envelope cover--it gives when it should but is also a snug enough fit that it will keep messes in. We haven't had any red marks left behind either! We also have not had any poo in this new diaper (which though it would be nice to speak to that feature for this review, I'm sort of GLAD because it's such a beautiful diaper to soil!!) The edges of the diaper are nicely turned with some stitching that I find sort of decorative.

Here is the Wild Child print and the telltale AppleCheeks tag.
Photobucket

Here is a shot (on a moving toddler, apologies) of the "ruffled" leg elastic -- keeps messes in and is comfortable!
Photobucket

In quality and cuteness AppleCheeks Little Bundle gets a 5 out of 5 from me. For daytime it's also a total winner. I'd give it a 4.8 for night-time use (as is) because one insert just doesn't cut it for us right now. Ease of stuffing is awesome--another 5 because even Grandpa with his big clumsy hands can stuff this one! And, the pocket is nice and roomy for additional boosters. I'm now a huge fan of AppleCheeks! The materials used are quality, but hey, I'm investing in something that will spend a lot of time next to my kiddos soft skin, so it should be soft too, right? I think so!
And from the other side...you can see it's snug but not restricting.
Photobucket

And here is my Wild Child, standing on his potty "fixing" the air conditioner!
Photobucket


This is a picture of the insert, which you can see I had folded 3 times to stuff the envelope.
Photobucket

The two-rows of snaps on this diaper will ensure a great fit for many more pounds of growth and the elastic will give when it needs to accomodate your growing baby too--but still hold messes in. The wide tabs make wing droop a thing of the past, and you can add as many boosters as you need to in the easy-stuff pocket. All-in-all, AppleCheeks is a new favorite!

Think you want to try it for yourself? I'd sure recommend it! You can find out all sorts of great information about the AppleCheeks product line and about cloth diapering in general by visiting the AppleCheeks website.

If you think you have the luck of the Irish, or in this case maybe the luck of the Canadian on your side, you can enter the Canada Day Extravaganza to win one!!

12 comments:

  1. I would like to try their swim diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love one of their little bundles in the delicious print, size 1 for my next baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of their delicious print. I'd love a little bamboo bundle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, I would really love to try this diaper. I noticed on their website that they have starter packages which I have not been able to find available with any suppliers but it might be a more affordable way start out with their diaper. Hubby was really excited about this particular company when he saw them on Dragons Den and introduced him to the idea of cloth diapering. I would love to try out the size 2 with the bamboo insert. The price of this diaper unfortunately has made us reluctant to try out this diaper. Yes Canadian made quality does impact price. But I guess if you lay the inserts on top like a hybrid you would have to buy less of the covers and would make this diapering system more affordable. Still wanting to try out the Applecheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would love to try one of their swim diapers on my little fella! they are so cute and look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love the delicious print.. the apples are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to try the soft bamboo inserts. This is one of my favorite fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to try one of their swim diapers, my sis has one and loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is supposed to be famous but it is my first! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The swim diapers should be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Applecheeks is one of the brands I've really been wanting to try. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Designed By Chocolate Covered Designs/All Rights Reserved Copyright 2012