Chicken Soup for the Soul - Summer Reading -- for Moms, Stress, & Brides!

I just read 3 Chicken Soup for the Soul books that were REALLY fitting for my life and very timely for what I've been going through in the last year. I've been wed (just celebrated one year a week ago), become a stay-at-home-mom (going on 18 months now!) and have been trying to manage stress (perpetually!) so all 3 of these books were GREAT summer reading for me! I cannot wait to dig into some more of this great series! I had kind of forgotten about them, since the release of Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II -- back in the nineties maybe? It's been a while, but I'm glad I rekindled my love of reading and am learning a few things along the way!!

You can enjoy them too, here is a bit about the books and where to get 'em! Tell your friends to visit my blog, become part of the Adventures of Mommyhood fun, and the more traffic I get visiting will allow me to do some fun giveaways for these great books, and, the more chances you'll have to win!


Chicken Soup for the Soul - Stay-at-home-moms: 101 Inspirational Stories for Mothers about Hard Work and Happy Families

From the publisher:
With stories by famous moms, and stories from other moms who elected to stay at home or work from home. Every stay-at-home and work-from-home mom will view this book as having been written just for her! This book contains 101 great stories from mothers who have made the choice to stay home or work from home while raising their families. These multi-tasking, high-performing women have become today’s power mom.

I think this would be perfect for book clubs or mommy groups, as it has a reader guide. I know as a stay-at-home-mama myself, I sometimes need a little boost when I'm dealing with the fallout of a tantrum, when I miss the working world, or when I just need to feel a connection to others like me!! This book is great because I can actually read it during naps and downtime--a chapter here and there (as with all the Chicken Soup books!)

You can get your own from Amazon. I recommend it to any mom who wants to read war stories from a large sisterhood (and get away from baby talk for a few minutes!) Enjoy!


Chicken Soup for the Soul: Here Comes the Bride!



From the publisher:

"The wedding day, and each day leading up to it, is a special and exciting time. In this collection of 101 heartwarming and hilarious stories, brides and grooms, families and friends share their memories of the big day. With stories about everything from the proposal, to the planning, to actual wedding day events, the honeymoon, and all the joys and frustrations in between, this book will delight and encourage any bride or newlywed. A great gift for bridal showers, engagements, and weddings!"

As a fresh-from-the-aisle bride, I totally related to this book. It was great to hear about those that had unique engagements, fantastical storybook weddings, embarrassing moments and how they overcame challenges, all relating to "the big day." I think you can enjoy this as a teenager thinking about "Some Day" or as a woman that's been married for 40 years. I thought it was uplifting and energetic and was a quick beach read! Buy a copy now on Amazon.com!


Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Stress: Manage Your Problems, Big and Small, Every Day

From the publisher:
"Inspiring Chicken Soup for the Soul stories and accessible leading-edge medical information from Dr. Jeff Brown of Harvard Medical School. We all have stress in our lives. What differentiates us is how we handle it. The combination of these stories, from people who have learned how to manage stress, and Dr. Brown's practical advice, will have you wondering what you were worried about! Who knew there were so many easy ways to manage your stress?"

Everyone gets stressed. This book is a manageable sized read that can help you TAME that stress! It won't stress you out more, thinking about how you're ever going to have time to read it! It's broken up into short chapters and can be easily taken along in a purse or bag for waiting at the doctor's office, subway trips, car rides, or just a break in your work day! Easy to follow and uplifting to practice, this book provides a nice reminder of how to enjoy the simple things in life and not get so wound up about things that really don't matter! Sound like you could use it? Buy it on Amazon.com now!

Look for more great books in the 'Chicken Soup' series, as I review new ones each month for you to enjoy! Have questions about ones you've seen here? Go ahead, ask! I read each and every comment and I adore hearing from you! Chicken Soup are true classics. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment