My Wedding Dinner Re-created

We got married last year, June 18th, 2011. It's been a little over a year, and I made this meal a little closer to the anniversary date, but I didn't ever blog it (so it didn't happen, right!?)

Here is our wedding menu:
Lemon Chicken
Green Beans
Rosemary Red Potatoes
Garden Salad
Fresh Dinner rolls

Here is what I made for our anniversary:

Lemon Chicken
Green Beans
Red Potatoes (with rosemary and many other spices)

So, I didn't have the fancy salad or rolls. But, pretty close to an authentic re-enactment. And, I even emulated the caterer's chicken REALLY well! I've never made fancy sauces or glazes for chicken (or anything.) I've not been one to take notes while watching Rachel Ray. I don't watch Food Network either. So, I'm pretty impressed.

The potatoes.
Photobucket

Here is our modest dinner setting, complete with my fresh-picked flowers from my husband!!
Photobucket

The meal, up close:
Photobucket


This is not the healthiest meal in the world, but it was sure yummy! I thought I'd make it look really chef-like by splattering sauce all over the plate---it just looked messy.


And this is the chicken dish.
Photobucket

It was made with heavy cream. One time a year I can afford to eat this rich in calories. Once a year. The problem is, it was SO good that I want to make it once a week! Although, it's also an investment meal, since I rarely have things like heavy cream, fresh lemons and whole milk on hand.

It was delicious and romantic (as romantic as it can be with a toddler!) and even though it wasn't exactly a 'healthy' meal with all of that heavy cream and butter, it was a nice treat! We rarely eat like this, so once in a while, you just gotta have your cake and eat it too! Oh, and eat it we did! Whoever said to us "the cake will be gross after one year no matter what" LIED! We loved every bite! Truly.



3 comments:

  1. That's such a beautiful wedding dinner! I bet it was great to recreate and relive that with your hunny. :)

    I love your silverware collection too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea for an anniversary dinner! I think I might steal your idea and re-create our wedding dinner on our next anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I’m sure my parents will appreciate it if I recreate their wedding food on their upcoming anniversary. :) The Lemon Chicken looks really yummy, by the way. You know that when you can almost taste the food - creaminess in this case - just by looking at it. Thumbs up! -->Israel Duarte

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Designed By Chocolate Covered Designs/All Rights Reserved Copyright 2012