Connect

Jan Luc Designs Sponsor Spotlight & Review

I know most of you probably hate swim suit shopping. It's something that only 15 year old girls and hard-body fitness fanatics could love. Right? Even if you have an uber toned body or love swimsuit shopping, there aren't a lot of modest options! Everything is the size of a bandaid with a few strings and sparkles. While this might be fine for Sports Illustrated or Maxim, it's not going to fly at the local family beach! (or even in my bathroom, by myself! haha) So, I searched for a better option and found Jan Luc Designs!



Dina, the New Jersey mama behind the label decided to take matters of modesty into her own hands. She had the same issues with retail swimwear that I have and she happens to be a talented sewing guru! So (or should I say SEW) she developed these amazing rashguard/capri swim sets. She shopped the fabric district of New York for fun, fashionable, high quality swim fabrics. I love what she's found!


The swim sets include the top and pull-on, elastic waist bottoms--but can have a matching swim cap ordered along with it! They are not included in the set, however.

These sets are handmade in U.S.A. The material used is four-way stretch nylon spandex. All seams are professionally finished with a serger. I don't feel like I will have to replace this set anytime soon! They are super sturdy material but highly comfortable too!

Care instructions: machine wash delicate in cold water, line dry. The sets fit a little loose--which I love. When it's wet, it does cling to me a little more, but all swim suits do! If you like a snug fit, order a size smaller that what you normally wear. Dina can even make custom sizes with your specific measurements for a small charge. Please note - there is no built in bra. I wear my set over a one piece speedo that I love. It makes me feel a little bit "flattened out," so if you want to keep your womanly curves while wearing this, put on a bikini/bra top underneath. That is a great think about this set--you CAN wear anything under it but still feel comfortable going anywhere!

Here is a photo of another option of pattern/color available from Jan Luc Designs!

This photo is to show a size Small fits on a more petite build. I found the sizes (those available are S, M , L) fit very true to size. I wear a large in everyday clothing--teeshirts, jeans are a 12, etc. and the swim set fit me perfectly in a size Large.


Back view!


Here is a close-up of the fabric that my rashguard is made of. I chose to go with the black with tropical flowers since I figured everyone can "pull off" black and it may be more slimming than putting myself in a brighter color! I love the design/color I chose!



This is a first, well, a nearly first---full body shot of me, sans makeup and with my hair in a bun! But, I do love that even though I'm not in my best post-baby shape, this set is still more flattering and complementary than any suit I've worn for the last 3 years! You can see the stretch across the bust--if you wear a bikini top rather than a one-piece suit like I did, the material will not do this nearly as much. It was sliding up because all the slippery, flattening material underneath left no curves for the shirt to settle on! This is easily remedied.



I feel comfortable wearing this to yoga, fishing, sitting on the beach with my boy, and I'd wear it to the pool too, but I haven't yet since it's been so beautiful outside all summer!


I also feel like the money that you save in sunblock would pay for the outfit in one summer. That is, if you're like me and are pale, or if you care about your skin and use sunblock diligently! I use 3-4 full-size tubes each summer! With all of the extra coverage, not only do I have less of a chance of burning, I use less sunblock!


 
You can BUY a JanLuc Designs swim set and swim caps too! Visit the Jan Luc Designs
Etsy shop and have a look around! Order something that is truly fashionable and practical! Preserve your modesty and your style! You also have a great opportunity to WIN a set from JanLuc by visiting the Fall in Love with Handmade Giveaway Hop post! Make sure you tell Dina where you're coming from and send a big THANK YOU her way for being a super stylish sponsor for the event!

6 comments:

  1. I love these, especially with a water baby and being self conscious with a post baby body! The modesty factor for me is a big plus.

    notsosimpleshelley (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the modesty of these swim sets!
    Thanks,
    mjp_0419 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Amanda! I had a hard time with swimwear on the river this last summer, just not very comfortable with my post-baby body. This would be perfect! You look really cute in it, I especially love your fish picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of these suits and that they are not tight fitting. The would make swimming so much more comfortable!

    Lisa Garner

    ReplyDelete
  5. these shirts are so beautiful, a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that these cover so much! Definitely a plus post baby (ok it's been 3.5 years since my last baby!). I would have to get a custom set though because I would be a large in the bottoms and a medium for the top! LOL The days of being a small are OVER!
    tvpg at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete