Natural Living Mamma Dry Itchy Skin Salve Spotlight & Review #Thankfully Handmade

For me, this time comes every year. You see, I have the kind of skin that is perpetually dry. I abuse my skin. I am constantly in the wind and sun and I never take the time to do a daily lotioning after the shower. I also have very fair, sensitive skin, so when I DO get a chance to put something on it, it cannot be the perfumed stuff from the local bath & body product store. I have to buy something special, generally the most expensive skin treatment product on the shelf.

So, when I got the chance to try Natural Living Mamma's Dry Itchy Skin Salve, I was so excited! Winters in the Midwest wreak havoc on my skin and its just begun to be that time of year, and though it's been pretty warm so far, one can always plan ahead a bit!

Here is the smaller jar, around 2.5 oz. As you can see, the ingredients are listed on the jar.

I do love a good salve. I should really take a photo of all of my salves just to show you guys what a salve junkie I am. I have stuff for sore muscles, sleeping, after the sun, Mentholatum for being stuffy, hard-working hands, foot rub, baby balms, mama balms, citronella bug balm and probably several others that I'm forgetting. I've been a big Burt's Bees Hand Salve fan in the past, so I figured that a new salve to add to my affinity for the stuff wouldn't be a bad idea!

Here's what's inside! I love the subtle smell and the fact that it's a twist off lid!
 
I didn't find this dry skin salve to be particularly greasy, which sometimes Burt's Bees can be and I end up flinging the whole tin across the room due to my butterfingers and the added grease! I really liked this salve for knees, knuckles and elbows. My kiddo has really dry legs and I pretty much slathered him in the remainder of the jar the other night -- it really does help. I think what I really found beneficial was that compared with our usual regime (Aveeno lotion) for our toddler, this salve seemed to block some of the harsh, cold air and wind from exposed parts like cheeks and hands.
 
It would be great if this could come in a squeezable tube, since when you're dealing with a kiddo and trying to smear as fast as possible, jars are not as efficient. But, for an adult, it's great! I will likely upcycle the jar for storing small crafting beads, so I do like that you can recycle a jar vs. a tube. But, for ease of use, the tube wins in my world. Otherwise, my only other thought would be maybe adding different scents with essential oils? I'm not one to go hog wild with perfumes or anything, but I do love essential oils! This mama CAN customize a recipe for you to make sure that you get what you need to out of this salve! She even shares her recipe and all of the essential oils and herbs that go into perfecting the salve in this post.
 
You can BUY this salve and many other great handmade products at the Natural Living Mamma store! You can also WIN a 4 oz. jar of Dry Itchy Skin Salve by entering the Thankfully Handmade Giveaway hop! Make sure you show some love and say that Adventures of Mommyhood sent you!
 
**Disclosure: I did receive a sample of this product to complete my review. All opinions are 100% my own. I was not compensated in any other way.**

2 comments:

  1. I love that she can customize the level of scent! I also am not a big fan of strong smelling ointments, lotions, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be great for my girlfriend! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Designed By Chocolate Covered Designs/All Rights Reserved Copyright 2012