EcoBubs Merry #FluffyXmas Sponsor Review Spotlight

Some moms like wool. Some like pockets.
But Wool Pockets?!
 
No, not a wocket. It's not Dr. Suess. But I am talking about a true wool-blend pocket! Thanks EcoBubs for joining the best of both worlds!

 
I had a fun time learning about EcoBubs as we've tried out our Forest Green Stripe pocket...like some of the Australian and New Zealand influence they have! Did you know snaps are also called 'poppers?' How fun! And New Zealand is of course famous for their sheep, so it's only natural that they'd come up with such an amazing hybrid design! It truly is the best of both worlds. My husband doesn't mess too much with wool and fitteds, pockets are his forte. So, having a pocket that he can 'figure out' and that is also a great absorber is a home run!

Here is a photo from the EcoBubs website that really gives a great overview of the features:

Here's our beautiful nappy as they are termed in New Zealand and most other countries. This is a shot of it fully stuffed with the insert and lying on it's side.

Here is the giant pocket. It is perfectly sized for the insert though, so I find myself liking it...

We were right on the cusp of a Medium or Large diaper, the cutoff recommendation is 27 pounds, so we opted for the Large since Little Bug was right at 27. The rise in front is nice and high, so I don't feel like I'm squishing my babe's guts. There are 6 settings on the sides for snapping the diaper to fit your child best. The diapers are made in New Zealand and consist of a wool-blend outer material, a waterproof layer of PUL, a microfleece inner that is buttery soft, and the microfiber insert. I would love to try a bamboo insert just to see the natural fibers of bamboo working with the natural fibers of wool. I think it would increase the efficiency of the diaper even more. I wash my cover completely separate from all my other diapers--it's recommended but not necessary. If you don't mind if it pills or gets attached to the aplix of a diaper whose gone and un-did itself from the laundry tabs, that's up to you. For me, I want to keep my wool nice! You should also hang dry.



 How It All Shakes Out
Daytime: 5
Night-time: 5
User-friendliness: 4.9
Affordability: 4.8
Quality: 5
When All Is Said And Done: 4.94

Because there is wool in these cloth diapers, they come with an insert, and they actually hold up rather well at night, they score pretty darn high! The price is a little more than a regular pocket - but you have to figure in the wool, which, when you do, makes the diaper quite reasonable! Stuffing the insert is easy--it's a large insert but fits easily into the large pocket. Normally I am not a fan of the larger pocket opening, however in this case I don't mind it at all. For daytime use, it's perfect. You can tell that it's made with wool, but only just. It's not irritating to my boys sensitive skin at all. I think that the fact that they sell sized diapers saves the absence of rise snaps for adjusting. The Large size was a really good fit with a bit of room to grow on my 27 pound toddler. The quality with which the diapers are made starts with the sheep and ends with a smile on the mama's face! I really feel like I am making a good choice when I put it on my son for naptime or a car-ride. The only other part that is a little different about this diaper is that it needs to be treated just a touch more gently -- especially when washing, use the delicate cycle. EcoBubs has proved a worthy contender of a top spot in my stash!
 

One lucky reader will be receiving a diaper from EcoBubs! You can also buy your own EcoBubs wool-blend pocket diaper anytime at the EcoBubs website!

You can enter through the Rafflecopter form by clicking here, to my Merry Fluffy Christmas post! I'd like to thank EcoBubs for sponsoring the giveaway and for creating such cozy wool blend diapers! Everyone have a happy and safe holiday season!

**Disclosure - I received a review diaper to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own and are 100% honest.**

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know they called snaps poppers - that is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i learned that they have a great wide pocket and are made in new zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned they're easy to stuff and you should wash them separately from the rest of your stash to keep them in nice shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen this option before, but then again I've just gotten into wool. However, this wool blend would def be more breathable than a PUL outer material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. didnt know they were made innew zeland

    ReplyDelete