Ella Bella Bum Cloth Diaper Review

You know how fun it is that this WAHM has FLUFF MAIL stickers?!?!? Everyone loves getting fluffy mail, but to have it right there on the outside, making all the anticipation of opening your mail even greater!! I love it!

 
I've been watching the Facebook feed of Ella Bella Bum for quite some time and Sam and I were able to coordinate to bring you guys a really fun fluffy review.

 
You can see these awesome autumn honkers are embroidered onto the bum of the diaper. I love the colors--the autumnal tones really pop off of the baby blue background and the orange snaps bring it all together. Inside, the diaper is a maroon/burgundy, further making the diaper complimentary, inside and out.

 
Here you can see the snaps on the closure and rise. I love that the orange compliments the leaves on the back. The only thing I always say time after time when reviewing diapers is how much I love crossover snaps! Otherwise, the fit really is great (it just helps one-size diapers be more trim for smaller babies) but we are out of the crossover need stage typically anyway. It's just a nice option.The leg elastic is plenty tight and keeps messes in, but, it's VERY plush and luxe feeling to the skin. It's not a thin layer of material pulled tight over the elastic, like even adult underwear can sometimes experience--it's really cushy, cozy without being bulky along the legs.

 
I always love a nice tag shot! I've seen some real cute tags, but this is in the top three for sure! I love the simple typeface and the detail of the baby. It's simple yet adorable. And, you know you have a one-of-a-kind EBB diaper when you see it! You can also see how stick straight all of her seam lines are! I was never one to sew straight, so when I see this kind of intricate quality in craftsmanship, I know care and attention to detail has gone into the product.

 
Now for the ornithological delights for the dariere...
Canadian Geese having a blast in the leaves of fall! Very fitting for the Midwest!

 
Here are the inserts (the diaper is sort of a hybrid pocket or AI2 - depending on what you like and how you use it!) The longest insert can double to several sizes, as you can see on the snaps (the top insert) and the bottom insert goes on top for an extra layer of absorption!

 
I use all three layers, it is still a pretty trim fit, and for a toddler it's a great amount of protection. I still cannot use it for all night protection but as I've said before, usually wool and fitteds are all that work for us, aside from crazy-stuffing a pocket to the point of hilarity. We do have success during naps most of the time and it's great for daytime use.

 
The pocket is a reinforced seam/hem which I love--some of the fleece ginormo pocket openings are really floppy and though it doesn't really affect function, it annoys me. So I like that this added feature gives more form and control to the diaper for easier stuffing.

 
Here is a close-up of the inner material. It's sort of mesh-like and it's the only diaper I have with this material - I LOVE it! It's really silky smooth against my sons' bum and it is easy to clean poo from, since the porous areas create room for water to get in there and clean it up with a sprayer! I think Sam has a really awesome diaper design here--definitely an original.

How It All Shakes Out
Daytime: 5
Night-time: 4
User-friendliness: 5
Affordability: 5
Quality: 5
When All Is Said And Done: 4.8



 
Here is a shot of the layers of absorption. It also illustrates the nice elastic and casings along the legs. I think this diaper is absolutely fantastic. The only thing I might change is the lack of crossover snaps. Otherwise, it's a stash favorite for sure!
 
**Disclosure: I received a complimentary diaper for the purposes of completing this review. All opinions are 100 percent my own and I received no other compensation.**

2 comments:

  1. If you ever want to sell, this diaper is amazing! Love my ebbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever want to sell, this diaper is amazing! Love my ebbs!!

    ReplyDelete