Women’s Under Armour Fleece Storm Full Zip Hoody Review

Under Armour for me is a staple. It's one of those brands that has a huge selection and can be versatile enough to suit everyone in the family. Other companies have tried to produce 'knock offs' but they are never as good as the original. Alanna B. was our lucky winner of the XL Women's Armour Fleece Divide Hoody that was given away last month. Now, I'm going to tell you guys about the Full Zip Storm!!


"I am in love and I don't care who knows it!" (Buddy from the movie Elf, speaking my sentiments exactly regarding this hoody!)


I was REALLY excited when I was contacted by Under Armour to facilitate a review for all of you awesome readers! I love this hoody. I'm a hoody junkie, but a really really great hoody is like the ultimate jackpot. I chose the women's Fleece Storm Full Zip Hoody. It rocks.


You can check out the product page, straight from Under Armour by clicking here. That way you can see how the shirt looks on a model -- and all of the features! Then you are also right there, prepped to order your own!

I got an XL in this hoody (which I consider a medium-weight jacket) and it's definitely snug. Now, let me be the first to say that I am chubby and a tad out of shape right now (I like to think of it as hibernation weight -- like a Doomsday Prepper, or a bear!) but the reality is, I've packed on some weight. Long story short, I CAN zip this shirt, but it makes it unflattering and more uncomfortable than if I leave it open. So, I've been layering my warmies underneath (again, a little snug) and then using it like a jacket for outdoor activity like hiking and shoveling snow. I've been eating a few too many cookies and haven't been to Zumba in a month. So, it is not anything to do with Under Armour as a brand that is at fault, though I would recommend if you do not like a tight fit, order a size bigger. I normally wear a size Large, so I do think this particular top just runs a tad small. It's also worthy of noting that it is "Semi-Fitted" so it won't give you the slouchy appearance of borrowing your boyfriend or husbands gear, but it is also not compression gear. It's perfect!

I think after I get my butt back in gear and drop the extra 8 or so cookie pounds that I've gained since October it will fit perfectly and will be my favorite top for running, shopping, or just lounging around! I love that the hoody is warm but not to the point of making me overheat. I like the color because I end up getting dirty - so white is never an option! It's also flattering on almost everyone! The top is well made and I don't feel like if I make a sudden movement I'll rip out an armpit or something!


That's the great part about Under Armour--it's more than just great workout gear! They offer everything now from shoes to hunting apparel to socks and gloves! I have more hunting gear than any one woman should own, but I could always use a little more if it's got the UA emblem on it! My whole family loves Under Armour and we're all pretty much guaranteed to see it pop up on wish lists during the holidays -- it makes a perfect gift that you won't have to worry about returning!

I told you all before about the pair of Under Armour gloves that I wear ALL the time! I've had them since 2008, when I was on a fire detail in Oregon and it ended up snowing and I hadn't prepared! I ran into the town nearby as soon as I got off shift and purchased what have become my favorite gloves for all-around use! Well, these gloves have been used and abused for years and are still fully functional and have no tears or rips or any wear at all really!
This shirt retails for $59.99 and you can BUY one at any time from the Under Armour website subcategory: Womens Hoodies and Sweatshirts!
Features of this shirt include:


  • Armour® Fleece fabric finished with UA Storm technology to repel water



  • Soft, brushed inner layer traps heat for all-day warmth and comfort



  • Signature Moisture Transport System wicks sweat so it dries faster than ordinary cotton


  • Lightweight stretch construction improves mobility for full range of motion


  • Two-piece hood with drawcords for superior comfort and fit



  • Princess seams create a slimmer, more streamlined silhouette



  • Exaggerated ribbed cuffs and hem


  • Side hand pockets



  • 244g Polyester



  • Don't forget at Under Armour -- shipping is ALWAYS free, no minimums!



    **I was compensated with a review item and a sponsored giveaway item to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.**

    1 comment:

    1. Glad to know about this review on workout clothes. I am in search of best workout gear and searched online. Came across different websites which are providing these clothes at very good prices. Planning to buy them soon.

      ReplyDelete