Switch to Cloth ~ Spotlight on Spray Pal

Spray Pal is something that I wish I had thought of or come across VERY EARLY in my cloth diapering journey! So, lets take a moment to check out this stellar sponsor of Switch to Cloth! This thing saves me a lot of time and makes me feel like my clean-up routine is a bit more sanitary!

For those of you that are new to cloth, just as people may tell you that you NEED a diaper sprayer, I'm here to tell you it would be VERY wise to have a Spray Pal too. I'm two years into my cloth journey, and just discovered this dandy accessory a few months ago. I used to have poo all over the bowl of the toilet, the rim, the seat, and sometimes even the wall or myself. I like to be pretty thorough when I spray out messy diapers, so that it's less solids in the washing machine. That sometimes means high-pressure spraying close up. And, yes, once in a while I even make the dumbest mistake of all, getting my face right in there (to make sure I can see what I'm doing) and I have been the victim of poo back splash in the face. Sick, right?



Well, with this easy-to-use invention, poo in the face no more! I used to wash out the diaper, put it into our diaper pail, wash my hands, clean the toilet, wash my hands... You see how this took up a lot of time? And, a lot of that time was also spend trying to "box out" a toddler from getting in on all the fun, just as your favorite basketball player might play some serious D! This was just part of cloth diapering I assumed. I did think about googling some YouTube videos (if they are out there) about how to better achieve successful diaper-cleaning, but decided against it, because I didn't want to see anyone else's kiddos' poo either.



Here is my diaper sprayer, ready for action. For spray pal to work, you'll need one of these. Typically, they run about $50, but are well worth the initial investment. I just am not a dunk and swish mom. Never. Ever. Ever. Ever.


The Spray Pal is made by a husband and wife team, right here in the U.S. This heavy duty clip holds your diaper securely so that you don't have to touch the soiled diaper while you're spraying it off. This is handy for me and is more of an incentive to deal with the diaper right away -- it's super easy, so I just take the time to clean it and then I'm done. This in turn, makes my diaper less prone to staining! This is an awesome fringe benefit that I hadn't anticipated before I used the Spray Pal! 



This is a top view looking down into the Spray Pal. You can see the white snaps (similar to the snaps on a diaper) are in 2 different settings. This view is the Spray Pal on the smaller setting (great for storage) and if you snap it on the other setting, it's wider (pictured further below) which helps to accommodate the entire diaper and have room to maneuver the sprayer.

The unforeseen feature in Spray Pal that I found just perfect for our routine is that (at least with the design of our toilet) you can leave the sprayed off diaper attached to the spray pal, in the toilet, flush (the flush water doesn't ever contact my diapers--the height of the spray pal is great!) and then you can leave it there to drip off, eliminating a diaper pail with a few cups of sick diaper water at the bottom! It's a great way to avoid even more MESS that I had before I discovered this lifesaver! My husband was even impressed and cloth diapers don't usually excite him like they do me. Our new mantra after each poopy diaper cleaning has been "Man, I wish we had this from the start!"



As you can see, the diaper is held tightly in the clip. The setting of the Spray Pal is on the wider of the two and I have plenty of room to even use the sprayer within the contraption if I'd like to. I didn't use an actual messy diaper to illustrate, as I figured if you haven't experienced your first poopy diaper, I didn't want to take that experience from you! Haha! If you have, well, you are plenty creative and can imagine all sorts of situations you've been in where this would have saved you from cleaning the bathroom or yearning for a shower. 


I love that the Spray Pal contains the mess. (You would obviously use the Spray Pal over an OPEN toilet, with the lid UP.) It feels like pretty solid construction and has very few "parts" that could break or need replacing. So, it's pretty much a no maintenance device. Supporting small businesses is always great, so I'm happy to share this husband/wife team with you, if you haven't heard of them before! The only con that I found with the Spray Pal was storage. Since it still contends with poo, I don't want to just put it into the bathroom linen closet or anything for storage. So, it goes next to the toilet brush and plunger, adjacent to the stool. Even though I do quickly wipe down the Spray Pal after use with a Clorox wipe or two, I feel like I should store it on a rubber mat that can also be cleaned once in a while from the "run off." So, all in all, that not a very big con. I got a rubber mat for about $3 and now I set all of my toilet tools on it. 

So, what I'm trying to tell you folks is that Spray Pal ROCKS!! I cannot believe how such a simple invention could drastically improve my cloth diaper cleaning experience, but it really has. Poopy diapers are no longer dreaded. I would have LOVED to have one of these during the EBF poo phase and the newborn times in general, when poo was just so plentiful! Think that this is something you desperately need? Put in your order now! As word gets out, Spray Pal is in higher and higher demand, so you might have to wait a week or two, depending on backorders. OR...you could enter to win one during the Switch to Cloth giveaway event!! Spray Pal retails for $19.95!! Consider it the best $20 you will ever spend on diapering. 

13 comments:

  1. This seems like an excellent idea, there's nothing worse that getting splattered on while spraying diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that the Spray Pal will contain messes. My main reason for not getting a diaper sprayer (yet) is that I tend to be clumsy and can just imagine getting splashed with yukky stuff! anne sweden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one of these so badly! I'm tired of the spray going all over the place, my husband used it once and refuses to again. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I am definitely not into the dunk-and-swish method, and scraping/plopping also are really unappealing and I don't feel will get my diapers to the level of clean that I want. Spray Pal, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found out about Spray Pal and I'm highly considering getting one. I've been scraping the poo off of the diapers and a splatter-proof spray method sounds so much better! I'm wary about a sprayer without something like Spray Pal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a genius product! I think it would definitely help covert skeptics over to using cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never heard of this. It seems interesting. I get so sick of cleaning the toilet from stuck on poop. You could use it with poop explosions too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one and it looks awesome! Now I just need a sprayer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to say that I got one of these on black friday and my husband could not be happier....some how before we had it he managed to basically take a poop shower every time he washed a diaper....shower no more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I havent used one of these but I def would if I used a sprayer! they look great and I love the company behind them

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would be a lifesaver! We use best bottoms. Great diaper, but it never fails that when you spray the shell off, water goes everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Spray Pal seems to be getting rave reviews! If we ever invest in a spray (fingers crossed), we will have to purchase a Spray Pal too! It looks so easy to use, and who doesn't love contained messes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't started my cd journey yet since baby #2 ihasnt arrived yet, but hopefully this will make it a whole lot less overwhelming

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Designed By Chocolate Covered Designs/All Rights Reserved Copyright 2012