5 Small Ways to Change Your Life in a Big Way! (and be a better role model for your kids!)

5. Go to bed 15 minutes earlier. You will feel 15 times better the next day.

4. It's true...get in a walk everyday. Walking works! Even if it is just walking further to work from your car or taking Fido for an extra stroll at night. You'll feel better.

3. Kick the caffeine. You don't have to nix it all, but if you keep it to ONE cup of coffee, tea or soda, your body will thank you. Even better...replace the missing ounces with WATER!

2. Be more positive. Listen closely to what you say all day long tomorrow. Is most of it negative? Take a mental pause before speaking this week--if it's negative, spin it to be positive. If you can't do that, maybe just keep it to yourself. It's easy to fall into a negativity spiral. No one likes that. Not even you!

1. Throw a grocery bag full of "stuff" away from each room in your house. Donate it. Sell it. Repurpose it. Whatever you need to do. But almost all of us have extra clutter which not only makes us stressed, it is just sitting there. If you haven't used it in 6 months...try to let go! It's even better if you can find a few bag loads from each room!

There! Small things that add up to BIG change!

8 comments:

  1. #'s 1 and 2 have been high on my list lately too! I need to work more on 4 and 5 but already drink mostly water for health reasons cannot tolerate pop so maybe have one a month and I detest coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on #2 and #5! I'm a night owl and my teenage sons are getting into this bad habit too.
    Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are the best thing to do if you want to do a really big change, you have to eat healthy and be more pacefull to make it work, as you say walk works, and for me yoga is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to work on number 1! It will help so much great tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for this inspiration and information, I need to work on this too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing some decluttering now. I just donated some clothes and toys we no longer use. Reading Nonfiction books improves my life, not only do I learn but it sets a good example for my children too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah I totally agree that we can make big changes when we start with our own small ways. Thanks for sharing this tips! I will do it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are simple but great tips that I tend to forget about. Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete