Campfire Cones - super fun family outdoor goodies!

Check out these campfire cones! 

Ingredients: Sugar Cones, Peanut Butter, Mini Marshmallows, Chocolate Chips, Bananas, Aluminum Foil

Directions for your delectable dessert:

1. Chop the bananas and get some marshmallows and chocolate chips ready. Super easy, super portable.

2. Spread some peanut butter on the inside of the cone, then put in the bananas, marshmallows and chocolate chips. (You can add fun, creative extras here -- jelly? craisins? hot fudge? sprinkles? LOAD up and put your flair on it!)

3. Wrap the whole darn thing in aluminum foil, then put in over the hot coals for 5-10 minutes, turning often

4. Unwrap your cone, check to see that everything’s super messy looking and melty… if it looks like a 5 napkin affair...it's done! Bon appetit!


This is a kid pleaser folks! Take it on EVERY camping trip to improve upon the old S'mores routine!

I stole this recipe from my friend Sandy, who I assume stole it from here:


Source: http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/14753087/campers-cones/

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are Kimeroo! They are! Your littles would LOVE them! Except there is likely something that your peanut is allergic to. *sad face* BUT!!! I bet there are substitutes you could use if she can't have some of it!

      Delete
    2. Thankfully only dairy, no peanutbutter :) its all good lol

      Delete
  2. I did something once like this but it was just with a banana. Def. want to try this out this summer when I go camping. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bananas sound so much more nutritious! That's what I SHOULD make...but the 10 yr old inside me wins and I make the more sinful treats!

      Delete
  3. Sounds YUMMY! Gotta try this over the summer when we're out around a campfire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to try this again! I was tempted while posting it! I couldn't find our pictures from last summer, but they're a hit! Bring Wet Ones though! haha

      Delete
  4. I definitely have to try this. Interesting alternative to S'mores. Can't wait to get creative with it.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Designed By Chocolate Covered Designs/All Rights Reserved Copyright 2012