Starting Over

Well, it's been almost 4 years since I was last what I would call "healthy." Enough is enough. I've blamed pregnancy, depression, bad weather, good weather, my child, my job, myself... I'm done with the blame game. I'm starting (not as a New Year's resolution or anything, just because it's time.

I am very fortunate to have some added support in my journey. I am proud to announce that I will be joining the ranks of the Nutrisystem Nation Bloggers! I know it will still be tough, because my husband is the king of ice cream and does not seem to think him changing anything about his eating habits matters in MY journey. I know that I'll have to reign in my eating and move more.

That's where I'm lucky again, as I partner with Zumba Fitness to try out their new program -- Incredible Results -- to help with weight loss and shaping up.

I plan on having some fun events along the way and also updating you all with honest thoughts and results from BOTH programs. I haven't tried either one before (I've done in-person Zumba classes that were fun though!)

So, in the spirit of that frame of mind, here's my beginning starts and my BEFORE selfie. Blech! I'm being brave right now -- I never thought I'd be posting a photo of myself in this kind of shape. (Or lack thereof.) But, I do hope that it is empowering to someone out there. I am trying so hard to have better self-image and self talk, if not only for myself but for those (including my son) that look up to me. I want the kiddos in the world to know that women - people - beings - are beautiful for their differences. I won't go into deep detail, that's a whole other blog post, but if you aren't proud to be in your skin, life is a whole lot harder. So...there it is. A tri-fold style view of what I've got to work with. Please don't mind my camera--I don't have a new-fangled remote DSLR. I'm still saving for that!


Starting Statistics:
Weight: 200 lbs
Height: 5' 5.5"
BMI: (will add this soon!) 
Energy Level: Abysmal, Lethargic
Mood: Impatient, Tired, Flat-lining

I didn't wait until New Year's to make a resolution or start working out. I made small changes to my diet and started working out using Zumba Fitness on 12/20. If you want to follow my progress for the next THREE MONTHS with these two systems and all of my attempts at getting healthier...this is where I'll have all of my posts.

**I am a NSN Blogger and did receive complimentary product for this campaign. I was compensated in no other way. All opinions and results are my own. Images and words may not be used with out express written permission from myself, copyright laws apply, 2013.**



2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I'm trying new changes too in the new year, including being gluten free for the month of January and February, to see if that helps combat some of my health issues.

    ReplyDelete