What if I do not like the way Nutrisystem tastes?

I cannot describe to you Nutrisystem without letting you know what my day is like. I know I said it was like eating six meals, after I read the plan, but it's really like eating one small breakfast, a lot of vegetables and two portioned meals with a dessert or a shake. But, I'm not left ravenous, at least not MOST times. When I AM left a little hungry, it's usually because I am notoriously picky.

Some of my least favorites have been:
- Kung Pao Noodles
- Cheese Tortellini
- anything with MINT
- Orange Dreamsicle
- Zesty Honey Mustard Pretzel Bits
- Zesty Trail Mix



Because I think a tactic to disguise "diet food" is to use spices and flavorings, I have found quite a few dishes that I do not LOVE. A lot of that is due to my crazy Scandinavian roots, you know, the ones that scream: Spicy! when you try a new brand of ketsup!? Yeah, I've got those. So, for "normal" people, Kung Pao Chicken Noodles and Rice and Beans will be no problem. There's that other issue that I have, and it's heartburn. So, many of the rest of the dinners and lunches are made up of something substantial but with a RED sauce. RED sauce and I are mortal enemies. It's wonderfully healthy, but it does nothing for acid reflux.

This is where being able to CUSTOMIZE your plan is fabulous! You didn't like the Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes? Bummer, but at least you can swap it out for something more satisfying next month! That is one of the beautiful things about Nutrisystem, it's personalized to you! Your metabolism, your fitness and activity levels, and even your taste buds!

Some of my favorites, by no surprise are the higher calorie, carb-o-licious meals and snacks:
- Chicken Alfredo
- Fudge Brownie
- Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Energi-Zing Women's Chocolate Shake
- Craving Crusher Chocolate Shake for Women
- Golden Pound Cake
- Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Roasted Turkey Medallions and Mashed Potatoes
- Double Chocolate Muffin
- Fudge Graham Bar
- Loaded Baked Potato

Not EVERY plan has the option of customizing, but a lot of them do. You will want to sit down and read through your Getting Started kit and make sure you take advantage of the community (both online and over the phone) support that you have access to. I've found that 90% of the time Nutrisystem has fantastic customer service. The few times I've had a person that was just a little short I've figured that everyone has a bad day! Use the support. They are there for YOU!

**I received complimentary product as part of a campaign for Nutrisystem. All opinions are my own.**

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, all of those sound darn good to me! Especially the Fudge Brownie, Chicken Alfredo and the Cheese Tortellini! I've never tried Nutrisystem but I am surprised by how good it all sounds!

    ReplyDelete