How I Plan to Kick start my second month of Nutrisystem: #NSNation

Well, it all started with a love of Disney. Frozen in particular. Have you made the connection? Don’t worry, it’s a bit convoluted, but I’ll get there.

So, I went, fell in love with the movie and ever since then have been singing “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” to my toddler. Of course, being winter, he says “Uh-huh!” But that isn’t going to shed much weight—sure, pushing snow around like a human bulldozer doesn’t hurt, but that’s not what I’m doing. This is just a bit of a tangent. And because I do not know the rest of the song, it’s always just “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?”

So, I pre-ordered the movie “for my son’s birthday.” Then I got the soundtrack—for us to have some new tunes for all of our road trip miles. Uh-huh. I type this unabashedly. No mama guilt here, he LOVES the stuff. The soundtrack really gets me moving. No really—it does!

I lost my first four or five pounds with Zumba and a nasty stomach flu. Then came Nutrisystem, and I still ADORE Zumba Incredible Results, BUT…I think it’s time to do some cross-training! So, initially I just ran around the house with my son (when I wasn’t doing Zumba with him) listening to “Let it Go.” Then, we ventured over to a mostly abandoned building on the compound (we’re staying in barracks right now for hubby’s work) and we unveiled a fantastic treadmill. I’ve had treadmills before – three actually – they are either loud, broken, or somehow morph into diaper drying racks. I don’t know how either. Chocking it up to a miracle or physics.

But this machine, this one is the ultimate in my running needs. I cannot afford one at home, but this baby is mine for another two weeks until our next assignment! ***Squuueeeeal!!*** So, I pop my Frozen CD into the crazy 1990s relic of a boom box – yep, I just said boom box. (But, in my defense, the barracks had an iPod docking station and my husband didn’t know how to work it or what it was…sad, I know.)
This is how Frozen got me to my plan to get out of my oh-too-soon plateau. I’m impatient. Did I mention that? I’m right on track, if not a little ahead having lost 10 pounds in one month, but I don’t want to settle for the average 1-2 pounds a week. Nope. I’m going for broke. I’m still a little bit lazy, in my winter torpor. I’ve managed to lose the 10 with little effort in the fitness department, which I’m not proud of. (Well, I’m proud of sticking to the plan, but not that I’ve been a toad.) Remember how I mentioned I knew what needed to happen next? Well, this my friends is it. Lift off. I ran my first mile in I don’t know how long and it felt good. No shin splints even!

I plop down my kiddo and I run…well, jog. I’m only at about a 12 minute mile, but I know I’ll be back to racing and smiling as I cross finish lines when the snow clears. I cannot wait to run my first 5k of 2014 and my new goal is not only to have #2 coming along later this year, but to be able to run through my second and likely last pregnancy.

I knew Nutrisystem was what I needed to get everything going. And it did. I’m ten pounds down. Only another twenty to go before I’m at my pre-baby #1 weight! (He is rapidly becoming too tall to be called my baby…so it’s just WEIGHT now!) By following the easy-to-stick-to program laid out for me and literally delivered to my doorstep, I’ve been able to lose enough weight to get moving.
I’ve also lost enough weight to move OUT of the pre-diabetes label that I was dangerously flirting with last autumn. The outlook was bleak, going into winter with what could be a long, drawn out death sentence if I didn’t literally shape up. I knew I was predisposed, having had gestational diabetes AND Type II in my family…

So, yes. The next step for me is to bring back my active lifestyle that is buried under some remnant evidence of junk food and sloth-like living. Nutrisystem has taught me how much food I need to thrive and to feel good. Now I need to step up and start making changes to have a healthy lifestyle again. I’m thinking of getting back in the saddle again too… The cycling saddle that is! Stay tuned. You never know what kind of wheels will be spinning…or yarns…but mostly wheels…




Have you ever felt you just needed to lose a few pounds to be ABLE to get started again? I hear ya, sister! You’re in good company! Spill…

*I received complimentary product in return for my participation in this campaign. I was compensated in no other way. All opinions are 100% my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Designed By Chocolate Covered Designs/All Rights Reserved Copyright 2012