Chef's Table: Steak Tagliata and Other Specialities #NSNation

It's been a while since I've talked about the food itself. So, let me start out by talking about me...


Haha. I'm down! 16.6 pounds total so far! A lot since I last logged my weight on the first of the month! SIX more pounds of me are gone, hopefully never to be seen again. Yay me! I was thrilled after using the "Pants Gauge" for a few weeks that I had been losing and that it was at least somewhat accurate -- I would recommend this method if you hate scales!

Okay, now onto the food. I don't usually post negative things. I try to look for the good and then counter it with honesty, always. So, here is some honesty: I just cannot get myself to like the Chef's Table collection from Nutrisystem. I know -- it's crazy! This stuff is made from ingredients that are featured in quality, high-end restaurants - Lobster! There is Tilapia! Steak Tagliata! All sorts of more gourmet dishes. I just cannot get into them.



I've tried:

Tilapia with Asparagus & Rice
Ginger Cashew Chicken
Beef Tagliata
Arroz con Pollo
Cavatelli with Brocolli Pesto

I LOVE the look of the Chef's Table package. It's classy. The pouch steams the products. The portions tend to be larger than some of the other entrees. I just cannot dig the taste -- granted it's not ALL bad, I generally either like the vegetable or the side or the main dish -- BUT I never like all three. Typically these meals are all three -- and that's really cool too.

Here's my Steak Tagliata (below). It was made with cooked couscous and spinach. So, I'm not Popeye and therefore spinach doesn't make me jump for joy. The beef tasted a bit freezer burnt to me, but couldn't have been because I JUST got the shipment last week. I'm wondering if I just don't care for the sauce? Couscous? Something?



The other unfortunate thing about the Steak Tagliata is that even though I didn't LOVE the beef, I would have eaten it and at least sort of enjoyed it, but there was a large vein of grissle running through most of it. I have not had this problem with ANY of my other meats so I am thinking that maybe I just got unlucky for this particular meal.

I really would like to hear YOUR experience with Chef's Table. I'm hoping it's just my lame-o Norwegian palatte that isn't diggin' the dish. I've had such GOOD experiences with Nutrisystem foods, I was hoping this last month (trying a different Chef's Table choice each time) would prove different, but alas, I just like the 'regular' frozen fresh entrees better I think. So PLEASE, I implore you: try Chef's Table and tell me what it's like for YOU! Here is the stock photo of the Nutrisystem Steak Tagliata, below from their website:



So, what's been positive lately? A lot!

I am still totally LOVING the chocolate shakes. I'm going to be REALLY bummed when I'm done with Nutrisystem since I haven't found a weight loss shake that equals the flavor (the good flavor) with out the aftertaste of protein powder. The search is on!

I've also decided to re-up on the E-zing Chocolate Shakes and the Cravings Crusher Chocolate Shakes from the Fast 5 week offering. I loved that first taste of Nutrisystem!

As I said, I'm down nearly 20 lbs. and my goal for this three-month adventure is 24 pounds -- so I think with a lot of hard work, sticking steadfast to the plan, and not cheating, I'll just make it! It would be great if I blow past it, but I'm happy to say that I'm down a ton, no longer pre-diabetic, and happier and more energetic already. I'm also having a garage (tag) sale in three weeks -- no more fat pants in this casa!

Are you intrigued? Need to know more about Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting them on the web!


Thanks to the friendly folks at Nutrisystem who believed in me enough to bring me aboard as a Nutrisystem Nation Blogger! 

Disclosure: I received complimentary products as part of this adventure. All opinions are my own and are honest.

1 comment:

  1. It’s good to hear about your amazing fitness progress! Your journey is a proof that one doesn’t have to go hungry or settle for tasteless food in order to be fit. Thanks for sharing your trick with us, and I wish you all the best towards your fitness goal. Have a nice day!

    Mae Tyler @ St. Andrew Poultry

    ReplyDelete