Nancy Drew Games by Her Interactive

Who doesn't remember the Nancy Drew series from their youth? There was practically a line like the wee hours of Black Friday in the library for the popular tween series and I was admittedly among them. As an adult, I have recently watched the Nancy Drew movie, from back in 2007. It was kind of cute and I did enjoy it -- it was one of those movies I got at nap time, while my husband wouldn't have to endure my quirky tastes!

Here is a borrowed image from the White Wolf of Icicle Creek game, illustrating the super fun snowball fight scene along with the chance to go ice fishing for some tasty freshwater fish like Northern Pike!


I have found a new addiction though. I've always been a lover of mysteries. Her Interactive has a line of fun games for your computer that revolve around Nancy Drew at her finest. In one game she even pairs with the Hardy Boys! I played the White Wolf of Icicle Creek and became hooked. I would stay up into the wee hours, flipping quesadillas and searing salmon in the kitchen of the lodge. Just as my eyes were drooping, I'd find a new clue--a mysterious note or a shred of fabric. For the Under the Rainbow event and for a lucky reader, I've got a few games for you to try to win!

Here is what the Her Interactive website has to say about White Wolf:
"Nancy Drew travels to the Canadian Rockies to investigate the Icicle Creek Lodge. Chantal, the owner of the lodge has asked her to uncover the culprit behind a recent string of suspicious accidents. A wolf also appears at the site of accidents and then mysteriously disappears when the police arrive. As Nancy makes her way to the lodge, an explosion rocks the night. A wolf howls mournfully in the distance. Nancy has barely set foot on the premises and already trouble is afoot! Can Nancy solve this mystery before all the guests leave and Chantal is left out in the cold?"
I know, it sounds silly, but it was an incredibly enjoyable escape! Much like a good book! The setting (being outdoorsy and at a ski lodge in the mountains of Canada) was really appealing to me and I have to admit, the white wolf looked a bit like my old Great Pyrenees. I thought about the "seek and find/hidden object" style games that had bored me to tears and nearly put the game back... I'm so glad that I made that 'frivolous' purchase for myself!

Here is a screenshot from the Mystery of the Crystal Skull game, which I am just mere steps away from solving right now! I had a great deal of help from not only Ned but also the vast community of gamers and fellow sleuths on the Her Interactive Community Message boards.



The game was two-for-one -- I also go the Mystery of the Crystal Skull. I have to disclose the game (on the junior setting--senior is an option too, but I cannot imagine the difficulty there!) was really hard for me to figure out! I love that you can call Ned and interact with others for hints and help -- without it, I'd still be hunting hopelessly! From Canada to the Louisiana bayous, Nancy Drew takes you on an adventure from the comfort of wherever it is you do your computer work. For me, that's anywhere from the driver's seat of my car to my bed at night!

Now, I'm going to be trying The Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake, The Secret of Shadow Ranch, The Silent Spy, and the Ghost of Thornton Hall. I'm so excited! Here is a stock photo of screenshots from the Silent Spy game -- I'm so excited to get into this one! The graphics look really fun!



Here is a plot excerpt from the Her Interactive website about The Silent Spy:
"Nearly a decade ago Agent Kate Drew left home to neutralize a biochemical weapon in Scotland. While her assignment was a success, Kate died in a car accident. Or so we were told. Now the echoes of a similar plot reverberate and it's up to you, as detective Nancy Drew, to thwart the sleeper cell and expose the truth about your mother's tragic demise."
 I think this plot sounds tantalizing and I cannot wait to try out one of the 'newer' era Nancy Games! I love the detail in the settings and her predicaments are always very genuine. Unlike the books, I am finding that the whodunit figuring is not as easy as putting in a new name and setting, following the same basic plot like the books followed a lot of the time! Even the older games have really good graphics and as the player you "are Nancy" -- playing from a 1st person point of view. When Nancy walks through the snowy powder, you feel like you are out on a brisk winter walk!

I know I'm sounding a little crazy. How can a grown mama be so into these games, right? They really test your wits and it's as good as my morning coffee! I would occasionally get excited for bedtime for the bambino so that mama could play her game! Some people like watching The Good Wife, I like my Nancy Drew!

Here are some screenshots from the Her Interactive website to give you a glimpse at the fun in store when you play a Nancy Drew game! These in particular are from Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake.



Here is a plot excerpt from The Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake:
"You, as Nancy Drew, must pick up the cold trail left by a notorious gangster who once lived in the lakeside cabin recently purchased by Nancy's friend. Are the ghostly legends true, or is there a flesh and blood answer to the dogs' haunting howls? Decipher cryptic puzzles, search through shadowy woods, creepy old houses, interview suspicious characters, and dodge danger to sniff out the truth behind local legends to solve the mystery in Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake."
Someone will be winning a few of these awesome games for their own little gamer escape! Her Interactive is a super sponsor for the Under the Rainbow giveaway, going on now! You can also purchase any of the games I've mentioned as well as all of the other Nancy Drew games, strategy guides, books, soundtracks and more on the Her Interactive website. Make sure to keep up on Facebook and Pinterest too! Good luck!

Stay tuned for the next installment when I will tell you a bit about The Silent Spy and The Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake -- I will also introduce the other two titles I'll be telling you about -- The Secret of Shadow Ranch and the Ghost of Thornton Hall!

** Disclosure: The fine folks at Her Interactive has supplied me with some complimentary games to facilitate these posts and reviews for you. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own. **

1 comment:

  1. This does sound like a lot of fun! I loved Nancy Drew growing up, so this would be a great way to revisit her.

    ReplyDelete