First Things First - Bringing Back the Date Night

First Things First (FTF) is a really great non-profit that I've recently come across and am really interested in. You see, it's crazy to me that it's already August. Yes, we took a MONTH for a family vacation to Alaska, but spending July in AK was surreal. It sort of felt like we should be able to come home in August and get a do-over for July here in the Midwest with the bugs and humidity and festivals and fairs. That was not the case. So summer is almost over. Now more than ever is a time of year when I want to maximize my time with my family and make it meaningful.



For us, family time (with our kiddo) is easy. It's built in every day. The hard part?

Making time for our marriage.

It's something we've struggled with since the onset of parenthood which actually came a few months before our wedding -- but still -- we're not great at date night and that's going to change before our family expands!

One thing that I remember (vaguely) was how much FUN our dating life was. True, we were younger. We were able to imbibe more. We didn't have a dependent or a mortgage or (for me) even a steady career. Fun and fancy free. FTF has reminded me I need to DATE my spouse. This was a MINI e-course that First Things First has (there are many) and it was only about a minute and a half. Easy-peasy!



If all it takes to help me remember to put the romance back into marriage is short videos -- even one a day -- I'm game! Every little bit helps and these videos can be viewed during a break or lunch! So enough with my excuses. I watched the video and thought back to a concert in 2010 that was great -- Jack Johnson. Summer on a blanket enjoying brews on the lawn and listening to great tunes together. So, I went online, and found a Mason Jennings concert nearby! (He actually opened for that show in 2010, so it seemed fitting!) Date night, here we come!

Is date night still 'a thing' in YOUR marriage? Tell me what you do to keep the romance alive and date your spouse in a comment on THIS POST for your chance to win a "Moon Pie Prize Pack!" 

Disclosure: This post is part of a partnership and though this was an honest article, I did receive compensation in some form for working on this compilation. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment