Nourished: A Search for Health, Happiness, and a Full Night's Sleep [review]

Nourished truly spoke to my womanly soul. So soul sistas, this book is one you'll want to put on the 'to read' list for 2015! Between the new baby, the clutter all over that I swore wouldn't happen in the new house, holidays, jobs, chores...I feel like a need a clone. And a clone for my clone. And a nanny, assistant, cook, and driver. And clones for all of them.

I feel like I am giving my all and still slipping down the side of the mountain into the Valley of No Return. Have you been there?!
I was introduced to this new book by a mother-daughter team--which is amazing itself since I cannot imagine my mom and I collaborating to reach an end result like a BOOK (love her dearly, just do not ever see something that productive happening as a duo!) The book is: Nourished: A Search for Health, Happiness, and a Full Night’s Sleep.
I felt like at a time when I could use the reminder, examples from real stories, and some ideas for 'freshening up' my existence as a woman and mother in this crazy life, the book could not have been more perfect. It targets "stressors" like schedules, parenting, marriage issues, clutter, and all of the other things manically motoring through any mama's mind on most mornings (and afternoons, and evenings, and dreams...)
With the advice and practical trial and error ideas from the mother and daughter team, I found the best way to read Nourished was in a responsive, active way - jotting down notes and answering questioned posed on the pages.
Though I didn't agree with all of the book (to each their own) I did take many helpful points away as I closed the jacket and sipped the last of my coffee a few mornings ago! If you're looking for a book club book or just need a new read, I'd recommend this one for sure! It's insightful and mostly uplifting and everyone can relate!

Disclosure: I wrote this piece in partnership with Flyby Promotions. I received a complimentary copy of the book but was not compensated in any other way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment