The Berenstain Bears - "Please and Thank You" [review]

My son is nearly four and we have been loving (and by loving I mean reading 3-5 books each night) the collection of Berenstain Bears books. I remember well these lesson-laden books from my youth. I used to know some by heart. I definitely knew the introductory "deep in Bear Country..." from memory and would recite it each night, just as the Lord's Prayer is immediately available without any effort!

Sharing this night-time tradition with my son is a treat. When we got the chance to read him the very timely "Please and Thank You" board book, I was really excited since it couldn't come at a more perfect time than when his spongy little brain could use a reminder of manners. There is a longer, paperback version of the book that reflects on manners in general, while this book focuses on Please and Thank You only, making it perfect for younger readers (or listeners.)



















It's a quick read and does a great job MODELING these magic words using Mama and Papa bear. This gentle parenting technique is one that I adore and one that is consistent in the series -- not matter which Berenstain author is penning the piece.

Do you have childhood memories of these classic characters and their moral lessons? I sure do! If you'd like a chance to WIN a copy for your own children, leave a comment on this post about your all-time favorite Berenstain Bears book from childhood!

Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of the book to facilitate this post. I truly love the Berenstain Bears and received no other compensation.

3 comments:

  1. I love them all. Too much tv is a good one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please email me or PM the Facebook page! You've won!

      Delete