Parenting Is Easy...You're Probably Just Doing It Wrong

In the span of ONE naptime, I increased my happy factor for the day by about a zillion points. In fact, I laughed so hard I cried. Both of my dear boys were snoozing away (after a little drive) and this book had come in the mail, so I decided to simply park in the driveway and enjoy my new book whilst naptime allowed me a few priceless moments of relative silence. It was heavenly.

We don't usually take the time to be silly. It's an easy thing to do but also an easy thing to forget about. Somehow, silliness goes away with adulthood most of the time. There are bills. Schedules. Less sleep. More work. More wrinkles. More mass. But in the world of more, there is just no time for laughter, being silly, and play. Until I checked the mail. I had one hour of silly today.




The book Parenting Is Easy...You're Probably Just Doing It Wrong starts out with a silly idealistic photo on the cover and follows suite the entire book. With mostly pictures and one-liner puns and euphemisms, it's a very easy read. Like I said, it can be done in one naptime and though it would seem like a waste of the precious minutes that the babies are down, it's well worth it.

I could relate to some photos, laughed at others. There were only 2-3 that I was not privy to the inside joke and didn't understand. Most were universal feelings of parents in stark contrast to whatever the photo had to "say." The theme of kids + white couches was a little overdone, but no less humorous.

If you're looking for a pick-me-up to get you laughing (and crying) yourself out of a funk, this is a great choice. Go ahead, "waste" a naptime by giving yourself a much-needed laughing session! It will be good for everyone! Sara Given, the books author is a fellow blogger and the smarty behind the "It's Like They Know Us" blog. See the photo below from Sara's website to see a sample (and the cover) of what the book is all about.





Disclosure: I received this book as part of a partnership with Stonyfield as a Yo-Getter. All opinions are my own. 

1 comment:

  1. I need this book. Our days are pretty interesting over here with a 17 yr old and a 3 yr old, then there is their dad......oh boy.

    ReplyDelete