My Nutrisystem Update - Week 3

It's been THREE WEEKS already! How did that go by fast!? It feels like I've been doing this for a while now -- in some ways, it feels like I've picked up right where I left off last time I was on Nutrisystem! For those that are "app people" -- NuMi is a great resource for all of that tracking! I'm more of an "oldschool" person, preferring the pencil and paper method!


Nutrisystem has been really helpful to me in the last few weeks. Here are just a few points that I've been ruminating upon during that time!

What I Love:

1) The Ice Cream Sandwiches - YUM!

2) Easily re-setting my appetite (I was hungry for the first week, but unlimited vegetables like green beans and grape tomatoes got me through!) I eat very few of the "free" foods -- salsa, fat free dressings, vinegar-based anything is all gross IMO... So this was difficult for me -- if I can do it, YOU can do it. I consider myself an exceptionally picky eater. Worse than my preschooler in fact. It's an awful habit and an awful place to be when you're trying to be healthy. It's like my body rejects health food.

3) Ordering Time! It is REALLY fun to order your next months food choices. The first month I'd absolutely recommend trying everything that even sounds like it might be good. The last week of the month you'll find out that the things you didn't eat already are likely not your favorites. Learn what works best with your body. For me, I found I didn't love red sauces and had quite a few (over half) of the lunches and entrees in my selection contain red sauce. I don't like red sauces to begin with, so I will be changing them out for the delicious wraps that I've come to adore!

What I Don't Love:

1)  I wish fruit were more unlimited. I'm more of a fruit bat than a vegetarian!

2) Still lots of packaging. I wish there were a way to use hyper-enviro friendly packaging. Like if Nutrisystem were to offer a 10 pack of Meatball Marinara wraps -- there could be one frozen package of ten wraps. Each meal has individual packaging and though I'm not sure what solutions to this could be, it would be great to see at least 99% recycled materials used.

3) Having to dig through my totes of clothing. I mean it's really amazing to lose weight. I should be happy to do this --- but I wish I could hire Marie Kondo because now I need her! My jeans and pants are all saggy and baggy in the bum, thighs, and even a little in the waist. (I'll always have a little problem area there, since I refuse to do crunches) but I'm noticing a big difference on my bottom half! Yay! Maybe Nutrisystem could team up with some elves to help declutter the "too big" sizes as you lose?!


Pounds Lost: 10 lbs!!!



Disclosure: I am an #NSNation Blogger. I receive complimentary product to facilitate my articles and to formulate opinions based on my experience. All opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Donate all that old clothing to a shelter or goodwill!! Having it gone will be good for maintaining weight encouragement ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going 10 pounds in 3 weeks is a nice loss. Not too fast, and doing it the healthy waay! I have tried their ice cream bars they are good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 10 pounds--that is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How encouraging that you've already lost ten pounds! That's awesome! Big congrats! I've really been thinking about joining Nutrisystem. Their food looks the best and it seems simple if you eat what they send. Have you allowed yourself a "cheat" yet? How does that work? Thanks for your summaries. They're really helpful.

    ReplyDelete