OXO -- We Love Our Grapes AND This Time and Life Saving Device!

We have baby gadgets and feeding items galore. Half of our baby shower from our first son several years ago was all about feeding the child. He was a tiny infant, I thought, why would people give me bowls and spoons and bottles and placemats for this little guy? Well, truth be told, even breastfeeding as long as we did and waiting for table foods the feeding time came quicker than I could comprehend. We quickly found out that the really cute luxury baby feeding spoons and plates and bibs were of no use to us. We were surprised by what worked.

Then our baby became a big boy. We put away all the "baby crap" as my husband so fondly calls all of the stuff a little human can acquire for their care. We forgot about feeding a baby. Then our second

son came. And again we found ourselves scrubbing carrot puree off the ceiling and cursing the makers of several baby feeding systems for tricking us into the awful, messy creations they boasted.

Handy Gadgets & Simple Designs

We were more experienced sure, but one quickly forgets how consumerism affects a parent. We may as well have been green parents again since there were so many years between our two boys. Miraculously, we found OXO. I had my eye on the grape cutter and as soon as I tried it, I fell in love. I tend to be the helicopter mother and I see choking as one of the worst possible things that could happen to my kiddo. (I mean it's never a GOOD thing, but I see it as mostly preventable!) I'm a mincer. I won't lie -- the first week using the grape cutter, my child was about nine months old and I not only used it, but also cut those pieces down further. (Amazingly the gadget was STILL handy because cutting grapes from the whole form tends to be a juicy mess. This was easy peasy.) I used if for grape tomatoes as well -- though I see now there is an actual Grape and Tomato Cutter that they market. It also works on firm strawberries for a beautiful, homemade sauce with fresh local honey to top angel food cake! 
As for the cup conundrum, they make a pretty great water bottle that was intended for my toddler but my preschooler took a liking to it, so we'll be buying another! It's called simply the "Twist Top" water bottle and the straw retracts back inside -- it not only prevents spills, it's something he can do himself. I know someday I'll miss the constant "Mom! Help me!" calls -- but that day is not today. This is a cup that provides independence!
Something about OXO items just simply exude awesomeness. You wouldn't think there would be an attachment to a fork and spoon for a kid. I really must commend OXO on the fork and spoon set (which comes standard in the toddler feeding set) is really perfect. It must be a fave of our 15 month old, though he's not saying much... But, it feels pretty darn good in an adult hand too! Almost ergonomic or something. It just feels good in the hand. Period. So we all like to get dealt that spoon when setting the table! 

All in all, whether eating yogurt with sliced grapes for a snack or on-the-go hydration solutions, we've found OXO to be exemplary in the family-feeding department! We've also found the brand we'll be gifting for baby showers! We LOVE giving families products that we actually found to be helpful in our parenting journey -- deviating from the ho-hum and unnecessary frivolity of registries and giving something worthwhile! OXO should be on EVERY ONE'S shower wish list! While you're at it, add some Stonyfield to the gift bag to really pack a power gifting punch in the right direction!




Disclosure: I wrote this article in a partnership with Stonyfield Organic. All opinions are my own. 


1 comment:

  1. OXO really does have some impressive products, wish I'd known about the grape cutter sooner! I recently purchased the Perch booster seat from OXO. It's been great for home and on the go!

    ReplyDelete