Naturally Purifying the Air in Our Home

This content contains links to sponsor partner sites.

We recently picked up one of those mold kits at our local Home Depot to see what might be growing in our home. We have a slab-on-grade build and it's not so wonderful when it comes to moisture. Sure enough, the kit came back positive. We have pollen from our many pines outside. We have cats and a dog and likely a ton of dander. I'm not the best housekeeper so we have some dust too!

In the summer time, I open our windows wide and feel like we're getting fresh, clean(er) air. But in the dead of winter it's harder and I've been looking for ideas to help our issues until we can make some more major home improvements. One of the recent discoveries I made while at a friends' barbecue party was the Himalayan Salt lamp.

I've been EATING pink Himalayan salt in my candy bars for a while now. It's pretty much the best thing my taste buds have encountered in a manufactured wrapper in a while. BUT apparently the salt can also be purchased in the form of a lamp! Who knew? The salt lamp not only created beautiful ambience, it also apparently helps to naturally purify your indoor air.

I'm super excited to be given the coincidentally well-timed opportunity to try out one of these lamps. I don't have the means to tell whether or not they work as I'm not to the Big Bang Theory level of intelligence and geekery (though I WISH I were!) But, I'm excited nonetheless and they are very pretty!

I have partnered with US Family Guides and The Himalayan Salt Shop to try a lamp and also give a special discount code to those of you that might be in the market for a lamp, too! Use code: USFAMILY for 20% off your order.

So here is a quick video if you want to learn more from someone who knows more about it than I do!



Tell me about your experience with Himalayan Salt Lamps! 




*I will receive a complimentary Himalayan Salt Lamp for review. All opinions are my own.*

1 comment:

  1. naturally purify your indoor air.....well ya have me super curious!

    ReplyDelete