I Love You Just Because [Children's Book Review]

One of the many blessings that I've been afforded in motherhood is that my children simply love to read! I know that repetition is a building block of early literacy, but it's HARD to read Green Eggs and Ham 53 times. HARD I tell you!

I Love You Just Because

This is a feel good book that leaves children with confidence and the warm and fuzzies. A great read for parents that aren't super forth-coming with words of affirmation, seeing different varieties of bears and knowing that those differences make them special and relating it to your child's own unique characteristics makes learning about acceptance cute.

I love the material of the book, it's the "slightly springy plastic-type nearly board book but not quite but much sturdier than paperback and yet not quite hardcover" variety.

While I loved the themes and the faith-based extras -- there are passages relating mostly to God's love of children on each spread, I didn't like the number of words on the page. Now before you laugh, I'm not opposed to lengthier stories -- it just didn't match the whimsical nature of the bears and the subject manner. Maybe it is the addition of a passage for each bit of narrative, maybe it's just a slightly smaller font than I'd have liked. Something about the pages feels busy to me. Nothing major.

Other than that tiny idiosyncratic complaint, this is a fantastic, sturdy, heartfelt story and book and has been read more than a few times before bed. Sometimes a good story and some cuddly bears are all it takes to explain why everyone is someone special!

Disclosure: Consideration in some form was given to the writer because of her affiliation with Flyby Promotions. 

1 comment:

  1. I love books like that and they make a great keep sake when the child is older

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Designed By Chocolate Covered Designs/All Rights Reserved Copyright 2012